SEARCHING FOR A JOB?
Can Oil and Gas Job search help you find a job?
Although https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com is not a recruitment agency and cannot help individual users look for a job, we will provide answers to many frequently asked questions, which will help you in your job search: how to search for a job, how to apply, how to post your CV and how to create a Job Alerts.
Do I need to register to look for a job?
You don`t need to be registered to search for a job. However, you do need to be registered to apply for a job and submit your CV via the website. Registering with Oil and Gas is free and easy!
How can I verify the recruitment process?
Oil and Gas Job Search is not directly involved in the recruitment process. Once you submitted your CV, we would suggest clicking on the company logo and accessing the company profile. From this page, you can access the company website by clicking on “Website” and you will be able to contact the employer directly to make inquiries about the recruitment process. Additionally, you can research the company via Google for further contact details.
How can I apply for a job from outside the UK?
With Oil and Gas, you can look for work in the United Kingdom and around the world. You can register on the website but every employer will ask for different requirements. If you are unsure of the requirements, we recommend contacting the employer to verify the requirements (please check the section “How can I find information about the employer”). We cannot provide you with any information about the requirements, as these differ from employer to employer. If you are based in another country, outside of the EU, we would suggest checking the UK Government website at the following address https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa to verify which visa you would need.
How do I post/update my CV?
When you access your account, you will be able to upload or edit/update your information. Click Upload/Build CV/Resume. The new CV will replace your old CV. Select how you want to upload it and click Add a Resume.
How do I make my CV private?
Click on “My Profile” in the top right-hand corner in a drop-down menu under your name. Here you will be able to select if would like your CV to be visible to employers.
Why is my postal code not being accepted?
We apologize for any trouble that you experienced when posting your CV. Sometimes certain postal codes are not accepted by our system for various reasons, this may occur when the postal code is new. We are currently updating our postal codes. In the meantime, please try using a nearby city and postal code to complete your sign up.
How do I register?
Registering with Oil and Gas job search is free and easy!
1. Please go to https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com
2. Click on the ‘Upload CV’ or ‘Sign Up’ link at the top right corner.
3. Fill out the form, tick the box “I agree to Term & Conditions” and click on “Create Account” at the bottom of the page.
4. On the next page you will be able to upload your CV. Please ensure that you use a document that matches the required format and size and delete pictures or images in the CV to be sure that it will be uploaded correctly.
5. Click on “Create Account”
6. My Profile: We have extracted information from your CV file and displayed it below. Feel free to update this yourself and improve your chances of finding your dream job. Add more languages, skills, and experience. Remember the more information you provide, the better the chances to be contacted and hired!
How do I delete my account?
Please note there are no disadvantages in remaining registered with us, but deleting your registration is easy. There are three ways to fulfill this request:
- Submit your deletion request via the below link. This is not mandatory! But it will speed up the process: https://app.onetrust.com/app/#/webform/392da325-ad14-4814-a138-1ec0edc99644
What is a job Alert?
Setting up a job Alert is useful to save you time. Our Job Alert will automatically email you jobs based on the criteria of your saved search.
How do I create a Job Alert?
Run a search from the homepage by selecting all the criteria you would like to base your search on (radius, job type, etc.…) and clicking on search. Once you have run the search and you are happy with the results, click “save” in the Create Job Alert box on the top left side of the page. You then get a pop up where you can click “receive similar roles via email”. You will then receive similar jobs by email.
You will receive an alert with jobs that match your criteria every day. If you would like to change the frequency or manage the Job Alerts please check the “How do I edit/delete my Job Alert” section.
How do I edit/ delete my Job Alert?
- Go to https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com
- Log In
- Click on “My Saved Searches” (at the right top corner of the page in a drop-down under your name)
- Here you can see your current job alerts saved and also you can edit and delete the alerts.
Why does my Job Alert send me jobs that are unrelated to what I am looking for?
This can happen when your Job Alerts do not currently have any search criteria specified in the keyword section, as this would cause the computer to send you all jobs found, regardless of the Job Sector or Location. Thus, to get the optimal results for your Job Alerts, please make edits to the keywords and other search criteria.
You can use any mix of upper and lower case characters; the keyword field isn’t case sensitive. The more specific you are the better will the results match with your desired position.
Any further questions? Submit your query via firstname.lastname@example.org